web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#644551 04/10/23 05:04 PM
jaywin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys
We are starting to see SD card fails starting to be more common as they get older. We have tried previously to put other brands of SD card into the processors but obviously this does not work.
Does anybody know what is required to use another SD card other than one provided by Samsung?
Thanks
Jay

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Your hint at what will work is what samsung used.
The blue 1gb cards were Samsung and the 2gb cards were Transcend.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The issue is gonna be Samsung's proprietary formatting. We've never had any luck putting another brand SD card in an OS7000 switch.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
1 member likes this: jaywin
pvj Offline
No problem using. Transcend card as long as it's 2gb. Never seen this proprietary format being an issue

I've been successful cloning the SD card. I use Macrium Reflect and have 2 SD card drives. I put an original Samsung drive in one and clone to a new SD card in the second. The size of the drive doesn't seem to matter much; the last ones I did were SanDisk MicroSD 32GB (with the SD Adapter). Once you clone it'll be the same size as the original. I've used these already in 2 systems where the original SD card failed.

I clone it with the software still on it and then replace the software later with whatever version I require. Use whatever SD card is the least expensive as you'll lose the extra space after the clone.

For the FAT16 Formatting i use every time this tool without any issues.
https://de.minitool.com/partition-manager/danke-fuer-download.html?v=pw-free&r=downloadcenter/

On MP10a i have cards active with a 4GB partition, and its working. Better an Production save its a 2GB FAT16 Partition.

The Similar issue have the SVMi CF Card or HDD, this is not a FAT16 its a FAT8 Partition, the latest tool was can create this, i Remember (Windows 95 Edition A) newer Editions not can Formatting with FAT8. When its read over modern tools shows every time as FAT16.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I created a ghost image of the svmi so I could take this image onto a new hard drive.

The svmi-e cards ran pc dos from memory. You could use fat16 as long as you then used the sys command to make it bootable then unzip the scmi files and off you go

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024