web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
A Partner 308 gives users what sounds like an error tone when they try to access Loudspeaker Page by using I70. That is, by pressing Intercom 70 or a button programmed as I70. Just to be clear, all stations get Intercom dial tone when going off hook. The Valcom paging unit is plugged into the Partner's Page jack. Background music over the loudspeaker system works fine. This all worked fine until the system defaulted following a three hour power outage (when it was -43F outside).

Any suggestions?

Last edited by TCS Co.; 02/27/24 08:48 PM.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I would try removing the page equipment and put butset on t/r of page port. Does it work? Been so long since have troubleshooted this. Hopefully the human encyclopedia (TTT) will see this.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Matt is correct, the Valcom equipment could be loading the paging port, so the Partner sees it as already in use when you dial I70. Disconnect the Valcom and dial it again, even without a butt set connected it should activate the port.

OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestion. I have disconnected the line cord connecting the Valcom paging unit to the Page jack of the Partner and no change. I've also tried disconnecting the music input to the Valcom. I still get the error/restricted-access/warble tone when trying Intercom 70. I am at witts end and am about ready to default the thing and start all over. It is a pretty simple/small system. Any other words of wisdom? The customer is a grocery store and need the paging oftern.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Agree with the default and start from scratch. Does the system have a backup PCMCIA card installed? If so and it was backed-up before the power outage, try a system restore before going the system default route. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Success. Thanks for all of the suggestions. It might have helped if I hadn't thought that the system was a 308 when it is a 509. So, looking in the wrong manual didn't help.
I did end up defaulting it (there was no PCMCIA card) and starting from scratch. While programming and pressing Next Procedure I noticed LOUDSPEAKER PAGING LINE (#617 ?) and assigned Line 5. Then I programmed "Page" buttons as I70 and moved the line cord from PAGE JACK to LINE 5. Test pages worked fine. I still don't know why using the Page Jack didn't work, but TAH DAH!
Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,113 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024