Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66047 04/22/11 04:10 AM
JBade Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't made any changes recently..
Although I was looking at the system for some possible changes.

Right now calls that come in go to a day greeting.. and if they hit "0" it goes to a hunt group.

In the hunt group is the receptionist's phone (her IP Endpoint) and then a Call Routing Announcement if she doesn't answer which basically goes into her voice-mail in the end.

In the past her phone had multiple lines on it so if she answered one call and another came in it would ring. But now if she is on the line and another call comes in it goes right to the Call Routing Announcement and doesn't ring on her phone at all.

Is this because of how I configured the calls to come in.. or did she turn off the other lines somehow?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#66048 04/22/11 06:07 AM
JBade Offline OP
OP Offline
I checked the Busy Flag and it is not set..

Now I just need to figure out why it wouldn't ring her other lines first before moving on.

#66049 04/22/11 06:31 AM
JBade Offline OP
OP Offline
OK I took the CRA off the Hunt group and it works..

So something I changed a long time ago was to blame but no one noticed or said anything.

What I have is my day greeting CRA
When someone pushes 0 it goes to a hunt group.

In this hunt group currently is just my one receptionists IP Endpoint as a member. (I did add a CRA for a currently not available message but had to remove it)

What I want is for her to be able to press her DND button and when someone pushes 0 it goes right away to a CRA. I went to her extension in Endpoints.. Changed her Forwarding Path for the DND to a new forward path that points to the CRA but when I test it out it just rings and rings...

Anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong?

#66050 04/22/11 06:59 AM
DND does not route hunt group calls. Calls will stay in queue waiting for an available agent until the recall timer expires, then will route to the recall destination.

#66051 04/22/11 07:10 AM
JBade Offline OP
OP Offline
So even if all phones in the hunt group are on DND it will just ring and ring and ring???

#66052 04/22/11 07:50 AM
... until the recall timer expires.

#66053 04/22/11 08:01 AM
JBade Offline OP
OP Offline
So what do I do?

What if I point the "0" from my Day Greeting CRA right to the Receptionists Extension?

#66054 04/22/11 02:54 PM
You have a few options here, depending on what you need to accomplish. If the zero option only needs to ring the reception phone, point the digit translation to that station, with a forward path to voice mail. DND or no answer will put calls into voice her mailbox.

If the zero option needs to ring more than one phone, all is not lost. A little creativity is in order. One work-around that I use frequently is what I call a “steering extension”. Not an official term, just one that I made up.

A steering extension is used to route calls, based upon manual intervention by a user. It can either use forward paths or be manually forwarded. Often this is the only use for the station, and it sits on a side desk. Using forward paths works as follows:

The station has two forward paths. One is used when the phone is put into DND. The other one is used at all other times. Let’s say that DND needs to route calls to voice mail. Create a forward path to a CRA that times out to the mailbox. We’ll call that forward path 1, and the flag is set for DND only.

When the phone isn’t in DND, calls need to route to the hunt group. Create a forward path to the hunt group pilot number, which we’ll call forward path 2. Set the flag to immediate.

When assigned to the station, path 1 needs to appear above path 2. So when the call hits the station, it will follow path 1 if the station is in DND. If not in DND, it will ignore path 1 and follow path 2, so calls will forward to the hunt group.

The same concept can be used by manually forwarding the steering extension. This is helpful if you need to route calls to different destinations. I commonly use this method for medical offices that have a different doctor on call each night. The receptionist forwards the steering extension to the CRA with the mailbox for the on-call doctor.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to throw some ideas at you that could start the creative juices flowing.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,528 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Touch Tone Tommy, justbill, Professor Shadow, Yoda, Toner), 131 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024