web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rrobert Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Merlin Plus 820D that is giving me fits. I just adminstered another unit last month, so I think I am doing it right. I purchased the unit with all four cards (8 lines and 20 stations). I removed one of each card as they were not needed for this application. The system appears to be working in that the two lines, 8 stations, and aux port are working. There is no warning light. I have not tried paging or MOH. I am using a BIS-22D for administering. When I am plugged into station 10 with the switch on the phone set to 'P' and press the 'Admin Button' or #49, I get no response and the screen displays the word 'BLANK' as thought the button is not programmed. I have tried both station boards to no avail. I have also tried other style phones to no avail. I have tried removing and re-seating the module at the top of the unit to no avail.

Although the unit appears to be working in the default state, I would like to be able to administer the lines and extensions without walking to each one or sitting by the control unit and plugging into each one.

Any ideas?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Try #01 and see if that works.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
You may have a merlin plus R1. Try #01 to enter admin.

If i remember correctly if it does not have a busy buster jack it is an R1 if it has a busy buster jack it is an R2

Don

rrobert Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow you guys are fast. I went looking at the Avaya site and realized they had two different manuals. I downloaded the R1 manual after I realized I had two different control units. I came back here to post my embarrasing discovery and found the two replies that were exactly correct.

Thanks for your quick response.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024