web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me how to remove secondary coverage for an extension in Merlin Magix? I have been playing around with WinSPM and, so far, am unsuccessful in removing the secondary coverage.

Thanks in advance...

_ SM _
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Secondary Coverage is just a button on an extension. Go to the extension, press Feature 00, press the button, look for the Delete button via the LCD.

In SPM, in centralized telephone programming, click on the button, and click on delete.

OP Offline
Thanks for the response Touch Tone... I looked on the extension and I didn't find any feature button assigned to Secondary Coverage. However, when I print the extension details from WinSPM, I do see the secondary coverage assigned to another extension. I just wanted to remove it as all the calls coming to this extension are going to the secondary coverage before hitting the VM.

_ SM _
The button is on the phone RECEIVING the coverage, the extensions receiving the coverage are in the printout of the sending extension

OP Offline
Thanks touch tone. Is there a way to remove only the extensions that don't need secondary coverage anymore and keep the ones needed on the receiving phone? I apolagize for my ignorance, I am new to all this...

------------------
_ SM _

_ SM _
Yes, if you will just walk over to the phones that you want to remove the coverage from, and follow the above instructions for deleting the button's function.

OP Offline
Thanks Touch Tone... It worked like a charm. had to play with all the buttons as they were not labled but finally was able to figure out the buttons and delete them.

Once again thanks for you help in this regard.

One more question is, are the features programmed in the handset device or on the port?

_ SM _

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024