web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
epgis Offline OP
OP Offline
We have the Merlin Legend v6.25 and need to forward calls without using a real ports on the phone system. I need to do this for two reasons.
1. We have outside sales that when you dial their extension it dials their home. (remote forward is turned on.)
2. We moved a half dozen employees to another phone system that have different Extension numbers.

Is there any way to use adjuncts to forward these calls? Right now we are using standard analog phone ports on the system. Forward the calls using #33xxx then unplugging the phone. The problem is this is using valuable ports on the phone system. Ideally we would like to use the same extension numbers, without using any real ports. That way we could use those ports for real phones.

Mike

[This message has been edited by epgis (edited March 22, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by epgis (edited March 22, 2005).]

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Use Adjuncts, renumber them to something within your dial plan that makes sense.

Assign them an "authorization code", so you can program their forwarding number from another (real) system phone. (Hint: make the authorization code be the same as the extension number. i.e., if the adjunct is extension 199, make the authorization code 199 as well.)

Be sure to allow them trunk-to-trunk and remote call forwarding.

To set the remote number, go to a keyset, go off hook on an SA button, and dial:

#80-(authorization code)-#-*33-9-(remote telephone number)-#

TTT: I follow everything you posted. However the calls are still not being forwarded. When ext 199 is dailed I get a busy.

You also have to have loop start disconnect on.
Do a print off the extension. It will show the number it is fowared to.

[This message has been edited by gkar (edited March 25, 2005).]

epgis Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks that worked for forwarding calls outside the system.
What about using Adjuncts to forward calls to another phone within the system. When I tried using an Adjunct the call goes straight to voice mail.

What I would like is to have one real phone that has two extension numbers.
Right now we do not have any free analog ports available. When another port becomes available I would like to split the two extension to two real analog phone ports.

You can have a real phone "cover" the adjunct, and still have the adjunct go to voice mail.

Add a "Primary Coverage" button the the physical set. (Feature 00, button, *40, Extension number of the adunct, enter, Feature *00)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024