web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi All,

I hope that someone will be able to help me with this... I have a customer that will be installing an appoitment reminder system. The system will require 2 analog lines so that it can make 2 calls at a time. The customer tells ne that there is an available jack at the the PC where the system will be installed. The customer's phone system is an Avaya Partner, and is setup with analog credit card and fax lines. Will the appointment reminder system have access to analog lines through the Avaya jack? If so, will it require any programming by a tech? Or will the customer need to have 2 analog lines installed separately? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I would set both ports the appiontment remider as ext ports on the Partner. Then check you ALS to make sure it picks up the lines and in the order you wish.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Does the PC use a dial string?

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Hi,

Thanks for the replies - yes, we will install a Voice Processing Boad (similar to a MODEM) in the PC. The reminder system, will then access analog lines via RJ11/14 phone wires connected to the Voice Board jacks - the key here is that we must have acces to analog lines. To dial through a phone system, we can dial a "9" or other digit to get an outside line.

Thanks,
Doug

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Ok, it sounds like the PC is setup for 2 lines on 1 port, you will have to split the line coming from the PC and hook them up to the Partner as 2 single line sets. You can set the PC to use a 9 or you can give the 2 single line ports to grab a line with ALS as Michael suggested. I would just set the ALS and use a pause on the PC side then dial.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Thanks so much for you help!

Doug

OP Offline
Thanks for your help!

Doug

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 189 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024