web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
We have two offices that are connected via a Private Line T1. When we call people in other offices, we dial their direct extension (extension in both offices are in different ranges...200's and 700's). One office is Merlin Magix while the other is a Merlin Legend. Now to the question.....we can transfer calls directly to voice mail within each office, but when we try it between the offices, it doesn't work. It's like making a regular call to the other office. Is there a way, or an different feature code other than #56, that would allow this to work.

I'm not sure if I'm providing enough information. If not, let me know.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

You cannot use direct to VM feature code between the two offices unless they are using centralized VM. That is the same VM system for both offices. There is a work around but that depends on the VM type that you are using.

Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
I'd have to check to see whether it's centralized. I'm thinking that the VM is centralized due to the fact that whenever our T1 goes down, one location loses it's access to VM. But that might not be the case. Is there something specific that I should be looking for.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Actually, Direct to Voice Mail will only work with extensions on the same switch, regardless of where the Voice Mail resides. DVM does not work with a non-local extension.

For instance, the VM lives on system A. Users on system A can use DVM for extensions that are also on System A, but not for those on system B, even though the VM is right there on System A.

System B users can use DVM for System B extensions, even though the VM lives at the other end of the network. They can NOT use DVM for System A extensions.

I would do a cut-n-paste, but the manual is in .pdf format. You can download it from support.avaya.com.

Now, if there's only a few extensions that you absolutly must be able to send callers to voice mail without ringing the extension, set up an extension number to be answered by an auto attendant, and use the selector codes to do mailbox transfers to specific extensions.

Then you transfer the caller to the auto attendant extension, wait on the line and press the appropiate selector code for them, then hang up or press transfer again to complete the call.

Nilee Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I just talked to the individual who was responsible for purchasing our system, and they basically told me the same thing. I don't think that we are going to attempt the work around that you mentioned. For some users, the more work that they have to do to perform a task, this task "SUDDENLY" becomes unimportant.

Thanks for the help!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,073 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (R4+Z, dans), 152 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024