web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can a large mail be programmed to answer and just leave a message like a regular answering machine? Yeah I know Hal is gonna crack up with this question and I thought it was weird because I have never come across this but I have a customer who wants an ACS in their house and they have the equipment and the large mail but they only want it to answer and be able to leave a message. What can I do.
Thanks,
Dave

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Give a ringing phone a vms cover button and program line cover ext for the line you need the ext to answer.

I had a customer once that had a full blown mail VS and wanted to do the same thing. Had to be the worlds most expensive answering machine.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I have one for my home as well as my office. I know it is alittle over the top but it works.

Mike

Geeze, at least do an AA menu for your company and make the callers think you are bigger than you are. Give them some options even if they all go to your extension. cool

If you have outcalling set up an emergency mailbox and have it call your cell. That way you can screen the calls.

You can also set up an AA for the house, a mailbox for you, your wife, kids...

What better way to let your friends and neighbors know that you are a phone guy than by driving them nuts when they call! :thumb:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
i installed a home AA that even had a mailbox for the friggin' dog. smile

| Telephone Systems | Voice / Data Cabling | phoning since 1979.
My cat has a prescription at the local CVS for meds and he actually does get calls and mail!

-Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,156 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024