Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hudib Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a ACS R3 with Mail VS R1.

Is there some way that with call waiting, when someone calls and the first line is busy, it would beep line 2 or indicate that another call is coming in on line 2?

So basically ... I am on line 1 talking to someone, and another person calls my companies number, but since i am talking to someone on that number, it would redirect to line 2 (its own number) and ring there instead?

thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The local service provider controls call hunting.

If the first telephone line is busy and someone dials that same number, the telephone company would send the call to the 2nd telephone line in the hunt sequence that had been established.

Once the call comes in on that 2nd line, how people are alerted depends on how the system is programmed.

I Love FEATURE 00
Is there some way that with call waiting...

Yeah, get rid of call waiting and have line 1 hunt to line 2. Then when line 1 is busy and another call comes into it it will ring on line 2.

Before you ask how you can make your Partner system do this, your system does not handle the hunting. You set this up with your service provider (telco). Just tell them that you want to eliminate call waiting and have line 1 hunt to line 2.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
You can also have line 1 hunt to line 2 and add cw on line two (remove it from line one).

That way if line one is busy it will roll to line two and if line 2 is busy you will get a call waiting tone on line two. The only trouble is if you are using vm with call fwd busy don't answer you will need two calls on line two before a third goes to vm.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
hudib Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok great!

The reason i asked this: Whenever i am on the phone with a person and another call comes in, the system beeps twice to let me know, i switch over to the second caller, and the first caller gets disconnected. So i thought that maybe the acs system could handle something like switching to line 2.

i should have mentioned that earlier, maybe there is another solution for me?

thanks!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
If you have call waiting from your CO provider then you shouldn't use the system call waiting and vis-a-versa. And do you have a Recall/Flash button set up on your phone, and check the timer. It shouldn't cut the first caller off.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
This may sound like a stupid question, but can I do this with my home phone service? Would comcast allow me to hunt line 1 to line 2, if so that would really be quite convenient, I hate the phone company call waiting: its inconvenient when you have a phone system (id much rather have the call xfered to line 2 where VM could grab it or whatever). If call hunting is available for residential service, does anyone know how much it costs? Thanks again

So i thought that maybe the acs system could handle something like switching to line 2...I should have mentioned that earlier, maybe there is another solution for me?

No. Reread what I said above about how hunting works. It cannot be done by your system, ONLY the phone company.

Would comcast allow me to hunt...

Well, Comcast is a cable company so don't expect them to even know what you are talking about. :bang:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
haha you make a good point, well I guess im stuck with comcasts lousy service..... very much like hitting my head against a brick wall..lol

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Can Comcast even bring you more than one phone number? Like if you wanted a seperate line for your kids? If so, get "Call Forward on Busy" from the 1st line to the 2nd line from Comcast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,444 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024