web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85968 08/14/07 08:26 AM
Mars Offline OP
OP Offline
I know that if I hook up a standard cordless phone I can use the hook flash to transfer the call. If I purchase a corless phone that has a hold key. Will the customer be able to put the call on hold and pick it up on a system extension?

www.tspa.us
Tri-State Voice and Data Servicing Tadiran, Nortel, and Avaya; in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#85969 08/14/07 09:50 AM
A cordless IS a standard phone. Answer is no, the hold button will only keep serve to keep that extension off hook. You can pick up the call from any other phone as in a conference but you will not be able to release the cordless unless you are at that phone and take it off hold.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#85970 08/14/07 10:20 AM
Assuming that it is a newer ACS (not sure about anything before ACS R3) configured as a key system (not pooled/hybrid):
The cordless user can perform a hook flash to place the call on hold. Any other phone that can access that line can then grab the call. Just don't hang up the cordless until someone else takes the call or it will ring back to the cordless.

I just checked the manual for ACS R7 and it says this:
Using Hold on a Single-Line Telephone

Follow these instructions to place and retrieve a call on hold on a system telephone:
To place a call on hold, press the switchhook down once rapidly.

You hear intercom dial tone. The call is on hold. (Do not hang up the handset while the call is on hold. If you hang up the handset, the telephone rings. Lifting the handset reconnects you to the held call.)

To retrieve a call that you put on hold:
1. Hang up.
The call “rings back.”
2. Lift the handset.
You are reconnected to the held call.

I hope that helps.

#85971 08/14/07 12:31 PM
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Park and Pickup.

While on a call, press Flash, then dial your OWN extension number, then hang up (press off, or talk, or whatever)

To retreive the call, if you don't know which flashing line is the correct one, press Intercom, dial 6 and the extension number that parked the call.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024