web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone:

Having an issue trying to get a 12D working in another building. The other two digital sets coming from the other building are OK, as well as the two CO's coming over as well. This one is giving me a problem though.

I know that I'm good to the block that's leaving the building going over to the other building. The lines pass through IROB's coming in, and when I try to plug in a plain analog phone, I'm getting dial tone, but when I try to plug in the digital station ... nothing. Here's how the wiring is right now:
Code
25-pair                  Station wire from IROB
WHITE/SLATE ------------ WHITE/GREEN
SLATE/WHITE ------------ BLUE
RED/BLUE    ------------ WHITE/BLUE
BLUE/RED    ------------ GREEN

Bridging clips are in place and secure. Double-checked the wiring on the blocks, and everything is secure and seated well. I'm going to try and buzz it out to see what I can find there, but I'm guessing that if I'm getting dialtone, then one pair must be working, but the pair that sends data is not. Perhaps one of these pairs is bad.

Thanks for any help that you could give, Michael

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
WHITE/SLATE ------------ WHITE/GREEN
SLATE/WHITE ------------ BLUE
RED/BLUE ------------ WHITE/BLUE
BLUE/RED ------------ GREEN
why are you using the green pair rather than the orange pair ?

why are you splitting pairs ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
I'm terminating in 568-B fashion, and pins 3-4-5-6 work out to be the white/green blue; white/blue green pairs. Ummmmm ... I'm not aware that I'm splitting pairs ... I just punched the 25-pair right down the left side in the order that a diagram gave me. White/slate is tip; slate/white is ring, and red/blue is tip; blue/red is ring.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I would go grab a cable tester from Home Depot. The $50 will go a long way.

I have no idea what you are talking about unless you can tell us what kind of jack you are using and how the other end of that 25 pair is wired to the system.

And yes, you are splitting the pairs. How about:

WHITE/SLATE ------------ WHITE/BLUE
SLATE/WHITE ------------ BLUE/WHITE
RED/BLUE ------------ WHITE/GREEN
BLUE/RED ------------ GREEN/WHITE

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I see what he is doing , it will be easier to test if you keep your pairs together. most techs come off the partner , and keep their pairs together for testing thru the house cable , he is using 568B wiring thu the house cable . and yes you have a problem with the data pair white green, probably the irob

OK, how about this. You go to the system and disconnect the plug from the extension port. Using a banjo or even a spare jack with the extension cable plugged into it you jumper (short) pins 3&4 (the two center pins). Now you trace your wiring through and arrange it so that pins 3&4 on a line cord plugged into your phone jack sees that short.

Now do the same thing with pins 2&5 (which are on either side of 3&4).

I figure this is something you alarm guys can understand. smile

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Yep, Skip - SAME project! I can't wait when this is all finished and it works out.

Hal, will try your suggestion and see what happens; thanks for that.

I suppose I can just try moving it to two different pairs and see if I can get something going that way - that would be an easy fix.

Will try the suggestions and see what happens. Many thanks!

OP Offline
Problem solved. It was a bad patch cord in the remote building from the IROB to the block. Replaced it, and the set came right up. I wish all problems were that simple. smirk

Thanks for the help!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,437 Shoretel
188,294 CTX100 install
187,075 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024