web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#99766 06/15/11 05:05 PM
abikpo Offline OP
OP Offline
Is it possible to upload a file or by any other means get some good sounding massage on asa/dxd card or does it have to be recorded from the phone's headset and sound crappy.
Thank you

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#99767 06/15/11 07:08 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
you have to record it from the phone. It should sound fine as long as you use the handset on the phone and dont have a lot of background noise.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#99768 06/15/11 08:23 PM
abikpo Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I have tried that already and did it in like 30 different ways and it doesn't sound anything close to the MOH massages that come right after the call goes on hold. Let me clarify: I do not want to record my own voice since it doesn't sound good on the phone, instead I had this massage professionally recorded and what I'm doing is I'm playing the file out of my computer speakers and trying to record it through the phone headset. I guess My question is, if it has to be done through the phone, is there a way to maybe connect a better microphone to it and try it like that? or is there a way to call into the system and maybe get transferred to the asa and play the file? I would just hate to have the opening massage in worse quality then the ones that are played on hold. Is there maybe another card or something I can buy so that the file could be uploaded to?
The module is an acs r7
Help me out here guys

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024