Hi i have just become a member of this forum because i had nowhere else to go with my problem. I had noticed you seemed to be the most helpful forum on the internet and was hoping i could maybe pick your brain on a few questions.
Background. We are a very small hotel (less than 11 rooms) and have had a sx-50(mitel) working for 20 years. Never had any problems at all with it until yesterday. When it rains out here we end up with line noise which makes all our phones unuseable including phones not even hooked to the system (private lines). We assumed it was a problem with the lines so we called bell canada to come fix them. We had put up with the bad phones when it was wet as they always came back and worked fine when the rain or wet weather stopped.
This time the technicians came out and fixed one of the private lines and also replaced the 2 lines that lead to our mitel system.
After they had replaced those lines my mitel system does not work, it either wont take calls, gives error codes on the led at the bottom of the unit (blinking 8,7, 6 sometimes) or we get a permanent red light on one of the lines on the trunk card.
None of this had ever happened before the technicians replaced these lines in 20 years.
I have tried resetting the unit both by unplugging the power and hitting the reset button on the side of the unit, both with no effect. The technicians say our unit is now bad and they dont work on them any more so we have to buy a new system.
I am furious with them as i don't believe the system could possibly go down at the exact same day and time as they replaced 2 lines and fixed a residential line not even attached to the system. I have no recourse at the moment but to deal with them as no one out here (northwestern ontario) will work on this mitel sx-50 or give any support.
Do you have any hints on what i need to say to them to get this running again?
Did i screw things up by hitting the reset button?
The instructions in the manual say that a reset doesnt wipe any data or change any programming but i have no idea.
I have no working console for the system as it broke 10 years ago and we simply route the calls with a regular phone by flashing and simply connecting people that way.
I realize this is alot of info, but any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you
Brad