Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
the system does recognize the caller ID immediately

No, it processes the Caller ID between the first and second ring, not immediately.

Me thinks you have a champagne taste on a beer budget.

Give Samsung a quarter million dollars and they might write this for you. I forget who, but there is some system that will route on CID, perhaps Panasonic.
Hi. Yes, its nice to realize the full potential of the equipment and help create a more efficient and professional office with automating as many processes as possible. I guess sometimes there is a disconnect between engineers and business owners not just with phone system but with all software.

You are right about the panasonic system. I looked it up and some of the Panasonic do have CID routing. I wonder why the Panasonic engineers can figure this out but the Samsung guys can't figure it out?

I'm not sure if it would take a quarter million dollars to do this because it works exactly the same as DID routing in MMC 714.

It said, tell me the last few digits on the dialed phone number and route to this extension/extension group.

The only difference is that instead of looking at DID, you are looking at Caller ID. Both are numbers you get in the beginning of the call.

MMC712 allows for outbound routing there it matches a number, area code, etc and will actually select the trunk you want to use. This to me seems 100% more complicated then inbound routing based the similar principal but with caller ID.

I think with the T1 and PRI technology, it might work differently then a traditional caller ID which needs the 2 rings but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, I saw a post which someone said that the Samsung system unfortunately could not do it(yet) but they thought maybe the SVMI-8E voicemail might have that ability.

Just wondering if maybe someone might be able to confirm one way or another.

Its not the end of the world if it does not but it would be nice to route those harassing phone calls to a funny voice mail message.

Thanks.