Hey that’s ok; it’s not your fault.

I read the tech manual, brochures, searched the forums a hundred times. There is absolutely no documentation or instructions on how to do this at all.

I don’t think anyone has even seen this or done this before on a Samsung SVMI system.

I say that whoever wrote that SVMI tech manual is to blame for not explaining how the CID routing feature works (for that it even exist). :confused:

Panasonic system have the CID routing and they have like a whole paragraph on the sales brochures explaining how different people can be routed to different areas and all the benefits you have with this feature.

Samsung has the same thing on the SVMI system and they don’t even have a single bullet point in the sales brochure or even a sentence explaining the feature in the tech manual. I don’t understand it.

Once this feature is setup, you can actually see it in action when you monitor the port activity. It will see the CID number, search a table, and find a match and route based on that match. It seems like a very simple process.

I’m thrilled it works with the SVMI, because I have a lot of applications for it. The only downside is that I’m limited to 4 ports SVMI system for this routing feature and Voicemail but if the system did the CID routing, I would not have this limitation.

Does anyone think it’s strange that Samsung has the technology current in place to do Caller ID routing on the SVMI yet this feature does not yet exist on any Samsung phone system(not even their largest and most expensive ones) ? :shrug:

How is it possible that they have it working for the SVMI but not the phone system? Is the SVMI voicemail engineering department in a separate building, city, state, country as the people who make the phone system?

Maybe these 2 engineering departments refuse to share information and they don’t work as a team? Sometimes a large company can get too big for its own good. What does everyone else think about this strange situation? Do you think that Samsung phone system engineers can look at the CID routing on the SVMI and incorporate that feature in the main phone system as well?