Thank you ev607797. That was an extremely detailed explanation on how the system works. I think I have a much greater understanding of how the process works outside the house leading up to the pedestal.

I was wondering if I could ask another question dealing with issues inside the house.

1. Would I be correct is assuming there is a single input cable which feeds cable all outlets in the house?( not multiple cable feeds). This is for a residential setup not a building.

In other words, all cable outlets in the house will eventually go into a common splitter/personal amplifier most likely in a utility room located inside the house. This common splitter probably will have 1 master input cable feed running from the house to the pedestal.
This 1 feed cable is what powers all the television outlets in the house.

2. When wiring additional rooms for cable TV(assuming current TV and cabling setup works fine).

Would there be a need to make any adjustments in the pedestal? I am assuming that if the signal is weakened by the additional load, it would probably require an stronger personal AMP before the splitter correct?

* As a side note: I am not talking about cable that requires a digital box receiver, simple cable plugged into a regular TV.

Thanks.