Originally posted by WalkerTexasRanger:
3. Being charged additional outlet installation fees without even installing or even so much as touching the line. Comcast tech pluged and removed from filter in the pedestal, when in the utility room to check the master input cable feed. Then counted the number of cables he saw on the splitter and charged the customer as if each outlet had been installed by him when they were not even touched.
That’s because the subs get paid by piece work, in addition to the install; a wall-fish here, a termination there and so on. They see easy money in a properly pre-wired house.

I was having problems with an internet self-install. I could see some kind of trap on the pole/tap and figured this is why the modem would not come on line. Anyway the customer had to call out a tech, which seemed to rectify the problem. When the customer had us return to finish up, I noticed a splitter on the counter, keep in mind we wired the house. I asked where this came from and they stated that the Cox tech removed and put on there's, this being the problem with the internet. So I took there’s off and replaced with the one from the counter and all was working fine. BTW the trap on the tap was missing. I suspect the customer got a bill for the splitter.