Here is what I have

Our announcement is CRA 2508 which says hey we're busy, we'll be with you in a moment. This plays once (per caller). If I unserstand this and you correctly, this plays when Announcement timer expires (18 seconds currently). Digit translation for this is empty with timeout being "hang up" and its audiotex is the greeting.

The overflow station is CRA 2509 which is a generic "thanks for holding we'll be with you shortly" message. Its repeated after every 15 seconds (I think I need this longer than the announcement timer, correct?). This repeats 3 times then recall kicks in (at 60 seconds). Same digit translation (timeout=hangup), has its own greeting selection, followed by "position in queue" recording.

Recall was set to VM, but just changed to 2509 per previous post. Per this post recall is at 60 and changed back to CRA 2500 (vm timeout).

I can't leave the overflow timer blank, specifies out of range error (1-255). Or do you mean overflow destination?

As for the logic, this is what the client said they had before (they switched to an answering service) and now are switching back. They explicityly want the two rings then move to queue so my "no answer advance" is 8 seconds to accommodate.

I would much rather set it up so

1) Caller rings in
2) Rings twice to huntgroup (4 receptionists)
3) no answer, the call lives in queue/overflow (assuming all busy)
4) 60 second recall before sending to voicemail otherwise, next free agent picks up.