web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a Vodavi 5000-00 controller, digital voice mail, and 30-button exec phones (3015-71). Incoming calls to the two main lines are supposed to be answered by the digital attendant who prompts for extension numbers or company directory. Yesterday, the system stopped working and all incoming calls on these two main lines now ring at the phone on my desk.

I unplugged the controller to try to reboot, but it didn't fix anything.

Any advice?

Thanks
Greg

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Two things to check:

1. Make sure that the DND or night button isn't lit or flashing on X100 or any designated receptionist's telephone. It should be off under most circumstances.

2. Make sure that you rebooted the voice mail system (blue box, about the size of a large telephone directory). Unplug the power from it, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and allow about two minutes for it to come back on line.

Please check back and let us know how you make out.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Ed-
Thanks for the advice-
I followed your suggestions and still no dice.
Calls still come through immediately to my desk phone rather than going to the attendant etc.

any other suggestions?
Thanks
Greg

Unfortunately, yes. It sounds as if your voice mail's hard drive has failed. When looking at the eight red LED's on the front edge of the unit, which ones are lit?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
All 8 lights are lit on the mail unit. If the HD had failed, how hard would it be for me to install a new HD and get it working? Would I need proprietary software?

There is a 9 pin cable that looks like a serial cable. Can I access the HD through this to see if I can browse it?

I had thought that the Vodavi 5000 controller was the brains of the operation with shuttling calls to the attendant or extensions. What does this box full of circuit boards do? The installer left a glass tube-type fuse taped to the outside of the case suggesting that we might need it to replace a blown fuse at some time. I can't find a glass fuse anywhere inside without removing circuit boards and looking further.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Greg

If all 8 lights are lit steadily, then chances are that the hard drive is good. Are you able to call into the voice mail by dialing 440? If you do have a failed drive, yes I can connect you with someone in Silver Spring who can sell you a flash-based replacement that comes pre-loaded with the software. You will need to get the programming software and have a good command of the programming for this system though. You may want to send the unit to him and have him fix it for you so that he might be able to recover the existing programming.

A standard terminal program on a laptop, along with a null-modem cable will allow you to view the hard drive's start up status. You can just watch the lights on the cabinet for that though. If there's flickering/flashing during the startup, then it's safe to assume that the drive is working.

The gray-colored cabinet is the switching equipment for the phones. The blue unit is strictly the voice mail and auto attendant. There is a black twist-off fuse holder on the bottom of the phone system near where the power cord connects. That's where the spare fuse would be used.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024