web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Daversb Offline OP
OP Offline
I am a new member and gratefull that you are here!!!! Hopefully you can help. I have a customer with a Samsung iDCS16 with 8 stations. I added 6 "dummy" voice mail stations where they can only check voice mail for ghost users. everything was working fine in test and turn up. they wanted to save some money and re record their auto attendant themselves. Shortly thereafter extension 205 who is a station and a physical handset, as well as 209-216 stopped being able to be accessed from the auto attendant prompt.. Example..

"You have reached ABC Co...We are not able to take your call right now" [you press ext 205] it rings once then transfers right back to the auto attendant. 201, 202, 203, 204, 206, 207, 208 are ok...but it does the same with 209-215!!!

I contacted a support tech line in another state and they feel it is the Voice Mail system, b/c i cannot access the system via HyperTerminal..

I AM STUMPED!!! HELP!!

Thanks,

Dave :?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You really need to connect to the SVMi to monitor the progress on a call and see why or what reason it gives for the call returning to the voicemail. With that said, try the following:-

My first thought would be to check for any call forwards on these extn's, I have had this fault where a call forward external was set and it did not follow the forward but instead returned instantly to the day or night menu. Also check the DND forward.

Samsung, Ericsson, NEC, Nortel Certified Installer
Another possibility is that an {extension} was created for that {mailbox} in the voicemail programming.

In SVMi's you can have a mailbox, an extension, or both. If you have a mailbox, but no extension then when a user dials your number the system will dump them right to your mailbox. If you have an extension, when a user dials your number the system will try to transfer them to your phone...if you have no phone it will error and go to the operator.

Try creating a new mailbox without an extension and see if that works.

without being able to log in via a laptop you will not be able to fully administer your SVMi. So if the test box works then try deleting a box that doesn't work and then recreate it as a mailbox only.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Curlycord), 110 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024