web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Here's one for the record.

Installed a new system in our office. Used (2) amphenol cables, 1 for stations and 1 for CO Lines.

Call into our office and the call was immediately making a trunk to trunk transfer then music on hold was being played. This moh was not installed on the system, per the manufacturer.

Replaced our system with 3 more identical models from the manufacturer within the last month due to this issue.

Today, I had setup the system in my office instead of the server room. Connected co lines and ran tests. Trunk to trunk transfer issue; gone.

Placed the system back in the server room and the issue immediately returned.

Swapped the amphenol cables. 2- digital station ports went absolutley haywire. Phones were up and down rapidly.

I don't understand that if there is a short on the amp cable, how can the 2 shorts cause a trunk to trunk transfer and place a call outbound to a destination with music on hold.

Just for practical purposes, I'd like to purchase a digit grabber just to see who was being called.

I know what distributor I will no longer be purchasing my amp cables from in the future.

Its beer thirty. Im out of here! :toast:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I am just guessing here but some information as to what system you are talking about and the continuity/short test results for the cables might help someone to suggest a reason. But then what do I know...

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by hbiss:
I am just guessing here but some information as to what system you are talking about and the continuity/short test results for the cables might help someone to suggest a reason. But then what do I know...

-Hal
Hal...you could be on to something here! :bang:

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 148 guests, and 361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024