Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4719 01/25/05 01:43 AM
What is it with bankers???
The President of a prominent area bank uses that old Nortel Display phone(the one with the built in monochrome CRT) . He sends them in for repair, and we have told his "people" that this set really can't be refurbed for lack of surplus/parts.
they say they keep telling him to move to a PC, but he is "fickle"
Geeez!
Wish I had enough $$ to be fickle....or is it eccentric??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#4720 01/25/05 04:30 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
Gotta love them sales guys.

Only trained techs who have actually done the work should be allowed to sell telephone systems. I go on a sales call in a pair shorts and a Harley T shirt and make those 3 piece suits look stupid on a regular basis. But I'm not selling 50,000 dollar systems, if I was, I would wear jeans. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Mark
</font>

Hey I resent that! I go to my appointments in suits BUT I also know what I'm talking about [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I always sell my own appointments or at least make sure a TECH goes on the sales appointments.

"It is never too late to be what you could have been"......George Elliot
#4721 01/25/05 04:52 AM
This is why Dilbert is such a popular comic- the conundrum between sales, engineering and accounting. The sales people promise anything, the engineering people (or in this case the installers) set the reality and the accounting people want the sales people to sale anything for the $.

#4722 01/25/05 06:04 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Well I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I am frequently saying that salespeople write checks that the technicians can't cash.

#4723 01/25/05 07:40 AM
Seems like this marketing/sales and technician on site issue has been going on forever.

My first expreience was as a rookie PBX installer with Pacific Telephone in So. California. The lady of the house was promised I would be installing a simulated granite 2850 set in her kitchen to match the new granite countertops. I thought she was going to go through the roof.
Obviously, marketing could not be reached.

I've worked with some fantastic sales teams over the years, but I sure have seen a lot of promisies made that were impossible for the equipment and field techs to deliver.

Rich

#4724 01/26/05 08:25 AM
That is great. I have often had to tell sales people that yes, the switch can handle the calls on the lines, but how can the switch make it roll over if the telco does not allow it into the switch in the first place?
After a few times they seem to remember something about a switch not really being able to rollover incoming telco by itself. Sometimes it's fun just to be condescending to sale people when you have a little free time.

#4725 01/26/05 07:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well since I have seen and been on both sides of this question, I definately can't be offended. Sales people mis-selling is a huge pet peeve of mine and it costs everyone $ presently and in the future. (No referrals) However another huge pet peeve of mine is dealing with a Technician who is too quick to say something can't work. Most of the time it's because they are uncomfortable with setting it up the application or their ego doesn't allow them to ask for help.

Since this sales/marketing vs. technician is a heavy theological debate maybe we should start off with an easier question: Which came 1st the chicken or the egg?

------------------
Buy-SamsungPhoneSystems.com

#4726 01/27/05 01:21 AM
The chicken came first - God didn't create eggs.

#4727 01/27/05 03:27 AM
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
A chicken and an egg are laying in bed together. The chicken is smoking a cigarette. I guess that answers the age old question.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024