Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MattW Offline OP
OP Offline
help All, help

I have a 3 node CS-5200 (ver2.3.6) with Enterprise Messaging on node 1 covering all 3 sites.

I'm trying to setup an application so that when a caller (either outside or IC)is transferred to an extension, they will get a message allowing them to continue to hold or "Press 1" to leave a voice mail if the extension that they are calling is either busy (user is on the phone), or not answered (after like 4 or 5 rings).

Example - Extension 8330
Call arrives on either main line (rings x8300) and is transferred to extension 8330
Call arrives on DID 3030 and answered by application 88330 (fax detection), hears 5sec pause and timeout transferred to x8330

I've created a Digit Translation application 89330 with the following options: 0-Operator -1 Transfer to voicemail box 8330 timeout-transfer to extension 8330. Recall dest is 89330. 2 recordings - 1-Message giving options 2-5sec pause to allow time for caller to input choice or timeout

I've created 2 system fowards: 1-Voicemail x20100 and 2-Overflow x88330

I've enabled System Foward #1 for only DND status on all call types. System Foward #2 is enabled for No Answer, Busy status on all call types.

My plan was to create a System Foward for each extension.

This seems to work perfect if extension is in DND - call goes directly to voicemail. Works perfectly for no answer - caller gets messange and has option to remain on hold or voicemail. The problems comes in on a busy extension - The caller get's the message, but if they choose to hold, as soon as the application is done, if the extension is still busy they get the message again (immeadately).

The majority of our calls come in on a main number which rings via a STAR at the recepionist desk and she transferrs the callers to the different exteions, or they arrive via DID and are answered by a seperate Fax Detection application that timeout transferrs to the extension. There is a seperate application for each extension for both fax detection (#s: 88NXX) and "station overflow" (#s:89NXX) I'm trying to provide a way for a caller to remain on hold indefinately (our callers will wait for ever!) without recalling to the origional extension, but also allow them to leave a voicemail if they choose.

Am I going about this the right way? Any suggestions on how I can solve my busy extension problem? :shrug:

Thanks,

Matt :bang: :bang: UPDATE :bang: :bang:

All;

I think I'm headed in the right direction.

I'm going to have to have a separate hunt group for each extension (with only that extension as a memeber) with a seperate system foward forward for each extension that fowards on No-answer and Busy status to the appropriate hunt group.

I'm a little confused as to where i need to input the "station overflow" application: Announcement, Overflow, and Recall??

I would like the announcement to play initially, and then every 30 seconds or so - I'll settle for just every 30 seconds if I'm getting too fancy.

Your thoughts and suggestions and comments are appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

MattW Offline OP
OP Offline

First,I wouldn't use the 'Busy' option in yer System Forward path. No Answer will work fine.

Second, The hunt group destinations work this way with all call timers starting when the call hits the group:

Announcement: When the Announcement timer expires, the Announcement destination is conferenced in. This done once for every call that rings the group. Usually this is your 1st recorded greeting.

Overflow: When the overflow timer expires, the Overflow destination is conferenced in, then the Overflow timer is started again. Every time the timer expires, the Overflow announcement is conferenced in. This is your repeating greeting.

Recall: When the Recall timer expires, the call is transferred to the Recall device. This can be a voicemail app, keyset, hunt group, basically anything w/ an extension number. The call is no longer ringing the group.

The way you are attacking this is the way I would have suggested, and it works well.

MattW Offline OP
OP Offline
All;

I finally got it - I had to create a dedicated hunt group for each extension (with that extension as the sole member), a dedicated CRA for each extension, along with a seperate system foward for each extension. The extension system fowards to it's app which serves as the announcement and then timesout (if the caller doesn't choose an option) to the extensions hunt group, which overflows back to the app.

Getting the Music-On-Hold down was a real ***** in this. I wanted it to ring 1st then get the message and MOH after that.

Talk about getting more complicated than I origionally invisioned, but I'm hard-headed.

Thanks to all!

Thanks,

Matt

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 166 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024