web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Customer has COX phone service. Connectivity problems in the past with T-1 circuit.

Garbled voice mail messages.Swapped out PC large card
Still problems Swapped out ACS processor. System has newer style 5 slot carrier and a 206 card.
Seems problems are on the 1st 3 lines, cuz how many people would get deeper into the hunt group after 5:00 P.M.
Still problems
COX uses T-1 from AT&T
Any suggestions??
Thanks

alwayslearning

Telesystems technician
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Seems problems are on the 1st 3 lines, cuz how many people would get deeper into the hunt group after 5:00 P.M.

Should be simple enough to get your butt over there during the day with your cell phone and find out for yourself. NEVER take the word of a customer as to what a problem is. I don't know why you replaced the messaging card and the processor without verifying that the problem occurs all the time on all lines.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I have made numerous test calls over the past 45 days from my Verizon cell phone, Verizon cell home phone equipment, my Time Warner Cable home line.
I have also heard my own messages played back, some garbled.
Other outside callers calling in after 5 pm get auto attendant greeting and then leave messages. Many, not all are garbled.

I swapped out PC large card, weeks later still problem, swapped out processor.
Now still garbled messages.

I had to do something, customer was unhappy with garbled messages.

Telesystems technician
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A few other aspects.

Any T1 related issues? Is the T1 connected directly to the Partner ACS via a T1 module, or, is it demuxed via an external channelbank and connected to the Partner as POTS lines?

I Love FEATURE 00
Are any of the calls that they answer directly or make garbled? Or is it only the ones that go to VM?

-Hal

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The question was posted on another site. The response on that site appears to be the correct answer.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
External channel bank, line connected as POTS

Only calls going to voice mail are garbled

Telesystems technician
You've changed the processor and the messaging card yet you still insist that only calls going to VM are garbled. There's nothing left except your story not being correct and poor troubleshooting.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A suggestion was made elsewhere that the problem is related to calls originating from cell phones.

I Love FEATURE 00
^^^^ I agree with above ,cell phones calls when someone is traveling in a car etc.and going through tunnels and valleys where weak signal cutting in and out, or a building with weak signal zones. That is 1 question i ask when trouble shooting is what source was the call from landline , pri , ,cell phone etc.

Last edited by ATechguy; 04/18/16 07:14 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, JBean3329), 120 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024