web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sonnym Offline OP
OP Offline
looking for recommendation for good router for sip lines. system os7200 and provider is SoTel with ubigate switch.
Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
We use Netgear

We always use draytex

NB1 Offline
Dreytek all the way

We use draytek but haven't really had any issues with other makes as long as you can turn SIP ALG off.

Have had good success with Sonicwall, Linksys and Netgear. So really can't complain. Just on the newer ones you must turn off SIP Alg to allow audio to go through.

Netgear WNR2000 V5

Seems to work well and reliably

We use Draytek, and definitely don't use Netcomm.

Mikrotik RB2011. The most versatile, configurable, flexible router/firewall at a very economical price. You have to build the configuration yourself (I can you send info on how we do it), but you can create QoS rules, capture packets, run scripts, set up VPNs, guest wifi, and much more. As you probably know, there are aspects of SIP that can be challenging. You have the ALG situation to deal with, and many routers don't let you turn that off. You need to prioritize the VoIP data and perform some level of QoS. Plus we have found in many cases we have to play with the UDP timeout value as some times there may be a long enough idle period on port 5060 that the connection times out and the some routers drop it. There is a very helpful user community for Mikrotik routers. We have worked with Sonicwall, Fortinet, Cisco, Netgear, and tons of others, and I have never found a router as flexible as the Mikrotiks, especially at their price point. If you want advanced features like built in virus protection and web filtering by subscription service, it is not the right product. If you shy away from getting down and dirty in the config, it might not be for you either. But if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves, it's a great little router. The RB951 works well, too.

Rick,
I've used the Mikrotik and I second your opinion. You also reminded me I need to get one for our test lab.
Thanks,

John 807

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024