web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
I Want to put in a new Avaya IPO Basic at a place that has a Valcom 2001A They want to keep the ringing and paging the way it is. Is there a interface I would need or can it work with out one? If so how

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You can designate a single line station port as a loudspeaker paging port, connect that to Tip and Ring page on the Valcom

Another single line station port can provide the ringing voltage for UNA Ringing over paging.

Are you SURE you want to put this in as Basic mode? Essential license is not that much, and adds so much more functionality!

For paging it can connect to an analog trunk or station port, same way as it probably is connected to the old system. Question is how are they doing the contact closure for the ringing on the old system?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both
Touch Tone it is a small tire company. 3 lines and 5 phones
Hal it works on contact closer shorting when it rings

Originally Posted by bditech
Hal it works on contact closer shorting when it rings

I get that, but it's unlikely the system (unless it's a 1A2) will provide that contact closure. So there's likely a relay that senses ring voltage and closes it's contacts between the system and the Valcom.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
If I can quote myself.....

Another single line station port can provide the ringing voltage for UNA Ringing over paging.

Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
If I can quote myself.....

And if I can quote you. blush

Connect the T/R from a single line station port to the UNA Ringing terminals. You don't use the UNA Closure terminals anymore.

(I had to look at the spec sheet to see what Tommy was talking about and see that there is an input for a 90v ringing signal in addition to a contact closure input.)

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 09/30/19 04:25 PM.

bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all for the help

bditech Offline OP
OP Offline
well hooked everything up but paging when dialing 70 for page gives me a error message on phone busy membership I think that was what it said and that was with just my test set in the port. Tech support told me to upgrade the system but it wont let me says something like transfer file failed the same when it moved to the next one the check marks are on the right of the file flie is in red. Not real sure why I would need to upgrade new system could it be something else?
Thanks

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You're probably getting the error message on the upgrade because you're using the ADMINISTRATOR password for the upgrade. You need to use the SYSTEM password for that.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 115 guests, and 232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024