Jason,

1) Look at 41-01-02 set it to 0. No login code should now be required.

1b) That is crazy. It takes on a good working PC about 20 minutes to install the services. Seriously, not rocket science.

3) The system is designed for dealers to really do the programming. The 2100 is an end user system. Been working on these systems for a long time now ever since the Nitsuko days. I came from Siemens, Nortel and Tadiran (and others) so every system has it's (you just have to know) parts of programming. Most telco programming is logic 101 no matter what system. This is why I fume when I have to fix Cisco issues. Computer guys should KNOW programming logic..period. This system is designed to have end user administration, not end user programming critical functions. All higher end systems are that way. Just like anything else, you have to have a good company working with you that installed it (and know the system). I could go on and on Black Box installs...shudder that I had to fix. It's not NEC that is the problem, they are doing what they are supposed to by supporting the dealer not end user for this product line. Hope I helped somewhat.