Coral,

Thanks again for the insight. I'll look into 41-01-02. Currently ours is set to 3.

I think the biggest hurdle on the UC Suite upgrade was the actual install. The installation was working in the background and the tech was just "watching the paint to dry". Just just took an incredible length of time for the install to occur. Our local phone provider/re-seller did the upgrade (and primarily who supports us. They called their distributor and then their distributor called NEC to see why it was taking over an hour to install. After a couple of hours, they just fully waited for the install to either complete or error out. Yes, it didn't seem like rocket science, but I've never seen an install take so long without showing any sign of progress. We were watching the CPU of the MIS blade and it was working, just wasn't showing any progress.

On your comment of programming and logic; I'm hoping that wasn't meant as an insult. I understand that NEC sells through a network of distributors and re-sellers; and their primary focus is them, since that is their direct customers. This is similar to IBM and Ford; where you have to go to your local company/dealership for service. However, I think even as an end user, if that person went through an NEC authorized/certified training program; one could at least download the most recent manuals or put in a potential bug request. And maybe we bought the system from the wrong company...even if they are an authorized re-seller, they can't seem to support it beyond the basic functions. On the reference to programming logic 101, I agree, but I'm also a programmer who not only writes code for enterprise systems, but also writes automation programs for PLC devices (high voltage relays/switching, pumps, pneumatic lefts, etc) and even some home/SMB business automation systems (lighting control, security, audio controls, RS485, etc); that even includes maintaining routers, switches, VPN's MPLS networks for not only data, but also voice, video and other converged systems (even with QOS). Even with companies like Cisco, I have to buy through a reseller, but can still get support directly from Cisco as long as there is an active contract. From a phone system perspective, there are times I wish I was still working on an old Meridian 1/Norstar a previous company had or our old Avaya system (which still had an original Bell emblem on it! I will say the Cisco Call Manager and Express was a nightmare!