web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dotm Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer moving into an office, taking over a Nortel Modular ICS, with a Call Pilot 150 voice mail. The existing switch was set up for 4 digit extensions, but they are moving from an Avaya Magix with 3 digit extension. I changed the Nortel to 3 digit DN,s, restarted both switch and voice mail, but the Call Pilot is still looking for 4 digit mail boxes. Not so much an issue, but they have had 3 digit dialing (PRI provided) for the last 6 years, and are reluctant to change. What am I missing in getting the Call Pilot to recognize the DN length of the switch? I would rather not do a 'startup' of the switch, if it can be helped. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Last edited by dotm; 04/10/14 05:46 PM. Reason: new computer
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
No choice but re-initialize the CP150 and program from scratch...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
dotm Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay- have been through the docs on the CP150- how to re-initialize seems to have been left out. Power cycling didn't do it,so if you have the procedure to follow, it would make my life easier. I have no problem re-building the Call Pilot from scratch; re-building the MICS from scratch is not my first choice.

You don't have to touch the MICS, just the CP150. Start by reading the manual at the very beginning...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
The cp can be reset through the web interface or you can do a reinstall through the phone with the voicemail Feature code

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 128 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024