Thank you all for the great info. I will give you some recommendations here since I didn't notice any of you mention record keeping. Each and every LEC we have worked with in the past has made errors and that is where we come in. The errors can be invisible to you and to the customer unless you know what to look for and then take the time to look for it.

We offer our services of ads, moves and changes to clients (really cheap enough for you to resell) and then we follow up on the orders to ensure they were placed correctly for the installers. So many times lately there is a facility shortage and key personell don't tell us until we call the day before the install is due. Of course we call a week in advance, then each day prior... but they hold off giving us that vital info (of no facilities) until the day before (if we're lucky).

Getting back on track what I want each of you to look into is how you keep records and how you follow up on them. Does anyone out there ever look at the order found on the bill after the install?

We find that lately eight out of ten orders placed correctly aren't fulfilled correctly. It may only be a billing error but that isn't helping your customers, is it?

When you cut off a phone line or circuit... How many of you dial the number to see if service is disconnected? Next...Do you check the bill to determine the fee was removed? Many times they continue billing eventhough service is removed.

Let me know what you do after placing the order as far as your follow up and record keeping.

More later...

Barbara Clements

Barbara Clements
President

Auditel Inc.
www.auditelinc.com
[email protected]
Colorado office: 719-689-5953
Orlando office: 800-473-5655