Here is the first tip regarding record keeping for you to give your clients (if you haven't already). First of all ask them to keep detailed accurate records. Request the name of the person taking their order and log the date and the time of the call (including the office the Rep. is located in).

How many of you (or your customers) have been on the phone with the phone company and suddenly they were disconnected?

Happens to us all the time but with detailed records it won't be as easy for them to get away with it... with detailed record keeping it is easier to call back and point a finger at who disconnected you ... also these records are needed to check the order placed (in case the order comes back incorrectly you will know who made the mistakes).

I like the fact that many of you are having your customers place their own service orders but please recommend to them to keep a log and keep acccurate records when they do place orders and keep them in a file or in the computer for backup.

It is always sad when we audit a companies bills and find errors that don't qualify for full refunds. I have an article about this on my website. There are many free articles I have written and one in particular may interest you. Three Reasons Why Your Company Should Consider a Telecom Audit. Paste this in your browser and read some interesting articles.
https://www.auditelinc.com/TelecomNews.aspx

Keep the great info coming...

Barbara Clements
President

Auditel Inc.
www.auditelinc.com
[email protected]
Colorado office: 719-689-5953
Orlando office: 800-473-5655