Back in the NEC Elektra days, we moved a customer from point A to B. I had worked on several systems, NEC among them, but I did not make a market in that particular system. I only agreed to move it because they were moving into the building where I had control over the equpment room...as in my building and the customer had no other vendor.

Geeze, they use switching power supplies in Elektra's :-) Of course, when we got it to point B it didn't come up. Lucky for us, the customer split the hardware costs and I "think" we broke even on the job.

I have another customer with an Inter-Tel. I'll look at it, because I can get help and it's not in service, nor has it been for a few years (it's in a motel that was purchased from bankruptcy). Will I support it? Not if I can help it, but it's a wedge into a real system.

Of course, I keep saying that everytime I have to look at another Mitel G217 LOL.

The point is Inter-Tel is a closely guarded system and, even if you are the smartest tech in the world, if you don't have support you're a fool to even touch it. Argue all you want about "the customer owns the system and should have all the tools to program it". Perhaps, but that's the way it is. I know about 10-15 systems well. I don't do Tadiran, Intertel, IPO's, Definity's, Option 11's, or NEAX.

It keeps me sane.

Carl