Greg, while your attitude is greatly appreciated, please do us a favor and stop it. You have no idea how different each manufacturer's systems are; how differently each proprietary operating system functions and the contractual limitations that dealers must maintain with manufacturers. We can't give away the farm to anyone who thinks that they can simply find their solution on the Internet.

Anyone can find out how to wire a phone jack on-line. I'm sure that it is also a piece of cake to place a patch cord. Come on, you know that life isn't that simple. If it was, everyone would be doing it.

As legitimate and signed dealers to product lines, we have a legal commitment to NOT share proprietary information with anyone who comes along with a question. Real telephone systems are not "open source". Customers pay for the protection of knowing that the manufacturer will keep every 'Tom, Dick and Harry' from touching their systems.

Greg, I'm willing to bet that you are a very smart guy and that you probably could crack the nut that spawned this discussion. I'm not being sarcastic. I think that you can. Proprietary software and programming tools aren't so tough for a pro. As I stroke you with such compliments, you need to understand that not everyone is quite as talented as you are. In a public forum, open to the world for their viewing pleasure, all that your feedback is doing is to dilute the level of quality support that can truly be found on the Internet.

This site ranks at the top end of Google and other search engine sites. This very conversation is what we strive to avoid. We never, ever encourage people to venture into areas outside of the user's guide. We make that perfectly clear in this site's terms of service.

Isn't it funny how nobody ever reads those (TOS) in their quest for instant gratification, as in getting answers or software downloads for free? Come on, admit it. We all scroll to the bottom of the terms and click 'OK' without even reading them.

Click, click, click and it is mine, right?

This isn't the place for that. We don't give away the farm for the reasons stated herein, not to mention the obvious harm that could be caused with errant information/translation.

You really need to look at the big picture, Greg.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX