I will check the settings in the DACS when I get in to work in the AM. Thanks for the command.

As for the CPE and the T1 Circuits, please note the following from my original post:

So, we dispatch out to the customer and replace hardware. Same problem. We then decide to move service from one t1 to another and essentially swap data and voice from one t1 to the other.

The errors followed the service meaning the t1 that was perfectly clean before with data now has rx slips on it with voice. The other circuit that was taking rx slip errors with voice is now 100% clean with data on it.

This is what bothers me. The slips only appear on the circuit that is carrying "voice" traffic or terminates on the 5ESS. There's an overwhelming majority of people within my company that seem to believe that the 5E cannot be the problem or it would affect everyone using us for voice. I can sorta buy that but how can they explain movin voice from one T1 to the other T1 and having the errors follow the voice traffic?

Thanks so far for all of the help everyone! Keep it coming. I have a scheduled vendor meet with Verizon in the AM even though they have been testing both circuits clean.

Fred

Originally posted by dexman:
If you have a T-Berd 224, you can monitor the circuit in both directions.

The Titan 5500 is similar to the 532L, but it is a wideband DCS (3->1). Default setting for timing is "Thru", meaning the Titan will not provide a clock signal (it is transparent).

If the circuit facing the customer is set up as a CST, you can check the setting by using the "RTRV-T1::xxx-xx:(ctag);" command and look for the timing datafield. You could also check the connected side as well (I think DGRs also have the timing datafield).

If the problem follows the device, as opposed to following the T1 it might indicate a problem with a T1 card in the CPE (hardware or software) or even a marginal cable between the CSU (if one is there) and the PBX. Also have the CPE programming checked to make sure that it is timing off of the T1 span as opposed to its own internal clock (aka free-run).

An overnight or over the weekend monitor with the T-Berd might be helpful.