Well boys and girls it is with great pride that I come to you today with great news!

Yesterday we were finally able to pinpoint some crucial differences and similarities that gave us a way to stop the slips.

1) All of the customers have at least 2 T1s or more.
2) All of the customers had at least 1 T1 configured for voice (went to a 5ESS) and 1 configured for data (went to a Cisco 7500).
3) All of the customers had a Carrier Access ADIT 600 router and both (or more) T1s went into it.
4) All of the Carrier Access ADIT 600s were set to time off of A:1 which is the first T1 slot.

Now here is where things were different...

Some of the customers had the voice going to T1 1 and the data going to T1 2. Some were the other way around.

Those that had voice on T1 1 and slot 1 was the timing source were fine on all ports.

Those that had data on T1 1 and slot 1 was the timing source took slips on the "voice" T1 which would be in a different slot.

Changing the clock source for the router to use the VOICE T1 (regardless of slot) stopped the slips from occurring.

Now the big question is, why would this be an issue? We time off of the loop for either voice or data. The real difference is that the 5E has a BITS clock and is set to be a master and the Cisco 7500s are set to recovered/loop timing.

Thanks for everyone's help with all of this. I'm glad that I can post a solution to the problem. (Even though I still would like to know the difference of timing on the voice T1 instead of the Data T1)

Fred