Ok here's another frustrated update folks:

7:15AM I arrived onsite, I was a man with a plan (sorry I'm getting punchy) anyway..

The customers on the old reliable compact, I put line splitters in all 4 co biscuit jacks and split them into both switches, I watch the lines come in and out on both ksu's and putz on the laptop looking at the 7100 program and VM until aprox 11:45AM and everything looks great, no blips or bloops on either switch but I'm still not feeling optimistic because I've had a rough 7 days, but I bite the bullet and throw it over to the 7100 and wait and watch until roughly 1:00pm, I'm petrified to leave because I know it watches me, I even set in the parking lot waiting..

I finally get the guts up to head down the road and I don't get 2 exits down I-40 when I get the call that it's flipping out again. the first thing out of my mouth was "it's the resistance" because it was fine sharing the lines with the compact, so I turn around and head back to Hell armed with resistors. here are my reading before and after:

Line 1 828-XXX-3860 44 MA after 470 OHM 1/4 watt = 23.90MA

Line 2 828-XXX-3862 38 MA after 220 OHM 1/4 watt = 27.73MA

Line 3 828-XXX-0565 38 MA after 220 OHM 1/4 watt = 28.46MA

Line 4 828-XXX-0566 38 MA after 330 OHM 1/4 watt = 24.88MA

This time around I felt almost confident and packed up my toys and the compact and left the site.

4:15PM I get the flipping out call again 2x's in 5 minutes

I head back and throw the compact in and take the 7100 off the wall and put it in the truck, I also lost the will to live (TMI ? )

So for the last few hours I have been feeding my 2 CO lines in and I can't even make it blink.

The only way I can remotely recreate the trouble is to tie a 470 ohm resistor to the ring of pair of line 1 and 2, when I do that both lines light up and usually says No caller ID recieved, they then disconnect and I get the connect/disconnect alarm.

I also ran out to the dollar store and bought 4 of the cheapest crap SL I could find with REN 1.8
which I plan to connect to the splitters per the OBHH bunnie and see what happens.

This sucks really really bad and I don't think it's all the 7100's fault but you would think they would at least make it as durable as the older models.