@TTTommy, that's a great idea, replacing the buzzer + ringer with a speaker.
The ComKey systems basically did this; built in speaker did ringing, buzzing, DSS/paging and speakerphone IIRC.

An an elegant solution to creating a built in paging system. And I imagine removing the heavy ringers made the phones a bit lighter. And with tech available even in the 80s, one could have 'played' actual sound samples of ringing or buzzing to the speaker, much like modern cell ring tones. (Though in those days, everyone seemed to "like" the modern digital beeps and weird game sounds..though most were really annoying..!) Here's a ComKey ring for reference (turn your speakers down! Not sure if I recorded this from my own 416's, or if I found it on the net)

I tried a quick google search for "viking electronics micro key" but couldn't find any relevant hits. I also checked Viking's page to see if they had a special section for old discontinued product manuals, but didn't find much. Do you have any pics of the device, or maybe an old manual? Sounds great. I'd thought about modifying the phones to make the whole ringing and buzzing thing easier, but at some point I decided not to make a hybrid system, but instead drive the phones exactly as they are.