@ChrisRR: The 8 pin RJ-45 jacks were sourced from Digikey (am I allowed to say that?), pretty sure. Anything else I'd have gotten from Mouser.

BTW, I'm working on a new rev of the board which should be cheaper to construct and easier to assemble (less parts/soldering). *So* many folks have been asking to purchase these boards, I figure I should try to see if I can at least make a version that I could build and sell in small quantities of 10 or 20. I just can't see myself doing the original board in that quantity; too many tiny parts.. it takes me almost a full day to solder all that and test.

So on this new board would use a single 20 pin one-chip computer (PIC chip), replacing 5 chips, 2 relays, and about 50 resistors/capacitors.

I also want to rearrange all those square transistors (which run the buzzers and lamps) so they can be screwed down, which should make the board more durable for shipping. Arranging the components that way uses up more board space, just about the same space I gain from decreasing the chip count.. so the board ends up being about the same size (a little smaller), but more durable.

Unfortunately using a one-chip computer gets me away from one of my original goals to use discrete parts that are 100% replaceable by just purchasing and replacing, e.g. due to lighting strike. The PIC chip must be purchased and then burned with the firmware to make it work. The device that uploads firmware over a USB cable is about $50. But with that, one can program any number of PIC chips, and even change/edit the software.

Anyway, I'll follow up here and on the youtube page if I make any progress on that.

Last edited by Greg Ercolano; 02/13/19 12:06 AM. Reason: Small mods for clarity