Oh man... this business is complex. Sheeesh!

I'm getting proposals from a couple of CLECs, one cable company, and I'm still talking (trying at least) to Verizon.

I'm hoping for others to take an interest as well.

Any opinions on ITC/Deltacom?

I'm a little gun shy on the Vonage type services. I got burned by them on my home phone.

Verizon does have some alternatives, what I don't like about them is they have no field person, no rep in the whole area. I've got to call someone in 'timbuktu' just to talk about the account.

I bet if I was not a Verizon customer and I asked them to call me or come see me they would be right on it.

I'm confused about the PBX vs. Key System. I thought we had a PBX... oh... okay... I looked this up and I understand the difference now. Similar, but not quite the same.

So, Ed has a good point that I need to figure out. We have 5 lines total. One is the FAX/DSL which is definitely a POTS. The other four lines that go into the Toshiba-DK40 box are coming off the same block. They must be POTS too and I thought they were different... son of a gun.

I don't know if they are charging "trunk" rates. I think they are charging "business" rates, how ever they figure that at $39.50 x 5 = ~$200.

On a side note... we just invested some bucks in our voice mail system that attaches to the Toshiba so I doubt I could recommend anything that does away with our Key system. We're happy with the DK40 and the Voicemail.

HAL - I wish Verizon would help me out... they have told me three times that they do not have a bundle that would help us... here are their exact words:

"It is possible to have local, long distance and DSL on one bill. There are no packages available to get a discount for the three services."

Perhaps they have a bundle without the DSL? I don't know... they're not offering solutions, I have to hunt for it myself.

Oh joy.

jweaks