They have offered to call me... we'll see...

No offense and again no allegiance to Verizon but why would they call you? Sounds to me like you are more put off with the lack of "personalized service" than anything else.

For what you need to discuss (and 5 lines) you putting in a call to a customer service rep would be the way to handle this as long as you know what to talk about. From talking to us by now you should at least know what questions to ask.

Just remember that these other guys seem "ready, responsive, helpful and hungry" because they have something personally at stake like straight commissions and quotas that the Verizon reps do not. When it comes down to putting food on the table and not getting fired they will do anything and tell you anything to get your business. There is a reason these guys are in sales and it's not necessarily that they believe in the product or they want to get YOU the best deal.

Same as with Verizon, if you don't know the things to look for and what don't need and rely on the sales rep then you will make mistakes again.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.