Verizon does have some alternatives, what I don't like about them is they have no field person, no rep in the whole area. I've got to call someone in 'timbuktu' just to talk about the account.

I wouldn't be put off by any of this. I have never seen a Verizon rep doing "house calls" even for large customers so it ain't you. Remember you have only 5 lines, that's a pretty small fish for them anyway.

Also, their call centers are scattered. You are routed to the next available agent and they could be next door or in the next state, luck of the draw.
We have Verizon offices in Valhalla which is about 2 miles away, I can walk there. Sometimes I get to talk with someone there, sometimes I get someone way out on Long Island (most often)and sometime it goes all the way to Buffalo. What difference does it make? They all have the same information.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.