Yeah - but it's true!

I'll post pics soon, but just wanted to say thanks to Arthur for pointing out my cross connect wiring error. I got done repunching it last night, and even though I only have 2 lines, I figured I'd punch all 4 and obviously the intercom.

Line positions 3 and 4 lit on some phones, not on others.

Because of the cross connects... it was a simple matter to see what was going where, and although I was tempted to break out a butt set and listen to see if I could hear 10 volts, I opted to use my high tech, fancy dancy, new fangled VOM.... easy process of elimination, had the problems repaired in about 10 minutes. Lesson learned: If you pull a lead from a terminal, make sure the terminal is completely free of old wire/insulation. Sounds obvious, I know, and I looked them over before repunching... but I missed a couple terminals.

Also the tip about keeping the cross connects loose came in handy; just gently pulled on the lead to see where it was going - so thanks to Sam et. al. for that.

More thanks to come. All you guys are fantastic.

- Matt

And apologies to Ken, he taught me how to do cross connects when he was here, but I apparently forgot.