Thank You, thank you, thank you.

If I may take a few minutes here to explain what is going on - I would be ever so grateful.

You are going to be able to determine just how much of a novice I am at this, but you have to give me credit for trying, right? (I am actually an Admin Asst and how I got in the middle telephones is a long story). I have learned alot and have been able to keep the system running for the last 5 years, but a Tech, I am not (in any way).

In our Telco room are two, I guess T1 boxes - one is AT&T for our long distance (24 channels, and the other is Bell South for our local calls (24 channels). About a year ago, we ordered from Bell South, a T1 line (I wasn't involved in that, so I'm not sure of all the details why). This T1 has 24 channels and 2 of them are data channels, some are ingoing/outgoing voice channels (lines 1-8), some are DID some are AVA and some are L???. All of the channels are not being used. I know this because when Bell South came in to do the switchover, I obtained all this information from them at that time - also when I look at the B screen I see these lines identified as such.

Also on the B screen are lines 25 -48 (these are our long distance AT&T lines). I'm assuming these are being carried through the other TI box in the Telco room identified as AT&T.

I'm not sure what a CSU is but I believe it may be the Kentroc (spelling???) box that is also on the wall in the Telco room where the AT&T cable is also connected to. When we take the jack or plug from the AT&T T1 box and plug it into the Bell South T1 box, where there is already one T1 plug up for the 24 channels I mentioned - they put another plug in the same box (assuming it is for the new T1 that we are switching from AT&T), Bell South says they are getting Super Frame signals versus Extended Super Frame. That's when our Vendor told me to tell Bell South that if the AT&T T1 was working with the DM4 Super Frame, there should be no reason that Bell South's connection shouldn't work.

Could it be that Bell South has some coding wrong - why would they be getting ESF signals? I hope I'm not being a pest - I would love to get this resolved so I can go in tomorrow morning and tell Bell South something!

To clarify - what I see in the Telco room is a Bell South T1 box with a jack already plugged into it for our local calls and the data channels. Then there is another jack which they just recently set-up for us to take AT&T's plug from AT&T's T1 and plug it into their newly designed jack on the existing T1 box. When we take AT&T's plug and plug it into Bell South's they say they are getting ESF signals. WHY???? (when our T1 card is a DM4 SF AMI blah blah blah.

Before this is over, I feel like I may qualify for a job as a Tech ;>).

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply and Ilook forward to any more comments you may have.