Originally posted by Steve Layton:
What really surprises me is that being where you are located you did not have a Mitel dealer bid on this. Their systems would have gone in super easy too given the scenerio you have described.
In all fairness a properly trained vendor of any brand would have been able to do this without all of these issues .... including many Cisco dealers i am sure.

The really surprising part is how poor of an install the vendor is doing .... if i were the customer i would be creating a big stink and getting a qualified, trained technician on site (if they have one?) ... or kicking this vendor off the job.

I admittedly don't know Cisco but the feedback i got when we replaced the UC 560 for my customer is that most of their emphasis is on the call manager platform so not very many people are trained on the UC 560 thus the need to remove it from service and ship it to someone else to program. In this case the vendor does well in excess of $10,000,000 per year in business..... hard to imagine they would hang a customer out to dry like that.