That's the kicker. I did research the vendor, I read online reviews, I talked to previous installation sites. I did everything I could to ensure things should go as planned. Then they sent me a tech that had never done an installation as complex as ours. No way I could have foreseen that.

As for the vendor, I have requested that a new tech be sent out when they come back on site. I am awaiting to see if they do it.

As for my installation.

The ATA187's recommended to replace the ATA186's are not supported by my platform. The vendor is in the process of trying to determine how they were recommended when they should have been flagged as not compatible. In other words they are looking for someone to blame.

I was told that I could possible "trick" my equipment into using these devices by telling them they are a different piece of equipment. But I am not going to do that, no way I am going to hack a bunch of stuff to make equipment work when I can find a know adapter that will work.

I have located some new ATA186's near me and will probably be picking them up on Monday. The vendor cannot order them anymore as they are no longer supported, or supplied by Cisco. There are a ton of posts on the Cisco site about this blunder. And no solution for the small business guy in sight.

On the plus side, I go some of the optional features all setup and working, things like the One number reach and voicemail to email. Its pretty neat but I am not sure I want to be able to be contacted anywhere at anytime...lol Maybe I will disable that feature on my phone smile

Not really a lot of progress on the system this week, had a few other fires to put out on the IT side. I was also told by my Exec Director that there is "No real rush" on the phone system as its the slow time of the year for us and we have working phones at all the locations, but personally I would like this thing up and running and off my radar for a bit!