I work on Voip enabled systems everyday. This includes teleworkers with remote sets and sites tied together via VoIP transport. As I have stated before that works fine.

As far as easy MAC work I don't know of a TDM system produced today that doesn't have some sort of Auto set relocation program. Those that don't can be wired via patch panels for easier enduser Moves, Adds or Changes.

The major problem today is this.. A recent discussion held about recurring licensing fees resulted in the following thoguhts. A TDM system deliver 12 sets X 1 PRI and 4 port voice mail would cost the customer (X) amount of dollars installed. Done cut and dried unless changes or additions are needed.

However in 365 days alot of IP to the desktop products require a renewal of licenses. Based on the 12X23 scenario previously mentioned install one manufacturer would charge the customer another $7000 for licenses and software subscription. Guess what happens 365 days later again? What TDM manufacturer REQUIRES this? Where is the "savings" if it requires 5-7K annually to keep it running?

Alot of us longer time (notice I didn't say older laugh ) installers equate this to highway robbery. The factories keep saying look the the recurring revenue stream and we say at what expense...I can't look somebody in the eye and tell them they are going to experince great savings in MAC work when I know at the end of every year I show up like the IRS shaking more money out of them.

[Linked Image]