Well my guess is that many of us are much older and wiser than others here due to our experience in the industry. We've seen many reinventions of the wheel come and go, in fact I believe that VOIP is in it's third roll out in twenty years, yet still full of bugs. Correct me if I'm wrong. I strongly encourage you to do so.

I'm not selling my customers anything that I know doesn't work 100%. I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that Hal feels the same way.

Does VOIP have a place in this industry? Of course it does. Is it necessary to have an IP phone on every classroom wall or at every cash register position? Of course not. Even those who are touting 100% IP would agree on those points.

The fact is, only people who truly know the industry can assist customers in making such decisions. The "Johnny come Lately's" who have jumped into the field don't have a clue except how to make their phone work with their box. They can't resolve issues like "ring trip" or lack of loop supervision. If their box says it's working, then it is. Yeah OK, go tell that to Verizon.

Sorry if I have lost any friends here in making these statements, but I haven't been working in this industry for nearly thirty years for nothing.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX