Mute function is not realized yet. The idea is to install a toggle relay inside the telephone set and use this button to activate and deactivate the relay and mute option. I will keep you posted when the circuit is ready. I also want to utilize hold button lamp to indicate mute mode activated, but this is in wishlist yet. I will probably move the mute function out of pick up key of the telephone set to an external button block (four button blocks you see in matching colors to each rotary set, normally used for buzzer signaling). The other buttons are for 107A loudspeaker activation (want to realize on-hook dialing with each telephone set) and for central system switch from common audible based on ringers to buzzers ("quite" mode). I have quite some phones around the house and when all are ringing on incoming call it can be too loud, so I want to switch instantly from ringers to buzzers and back.
I'm currently busy with 551C KSU conversion to 230V and installing an electronic ringer generator (PowerDsine 12VDC to 70VAC rms @20Hz - works well with WE ringers) into shoebox power supply. Just received it from eBay and cleaned up for modification.
Also 584C panel is on its way to me - this is for back up and test 1A2 system. Will keep you updated.