Big hunting - a unique and very useful addition to my collection. I was long time dreaming about Call Director, however there is no much practical sense for me in 30 incoming lines or plain signal keys. So instead I've found a good alternative from Western Electric - 2872A2M Touch-A-Matic telephone set dated 1979 with 31 electronic memory speed dial buttons and last number dialed button. I believe this is one of the very first (if not the first) telephone with redial function.

[Linked Image from s26.postimg.org]

These are hard to find and they are rather expensive, so I was glad to get one even in not very good condition - see below how it came to me from eBay - considerable discoloration of Light Beige housing and yellowing of memory buttons. Restoration included standard plastic sanding and polishing, but there is another step which was required - whitening of memory buttons field. I'm fully satisfied with the results. Handset will require change - this one is too worn off. Also will need to find a way to make a new battery for it and install 13,5 V transformer (ordered).

[Linked Image from s26.postimg.org]

If anyone on this forum has a similar telephone set (potentially connected to a speakerphone), I would kindly ask to let me know. I want to realize one touch calling function on the set (pressing any memory button automatically turns on speakerphone, detect dial tone and dial the number so the conversation can be started immediately with only one button touch). For this purpose set requires 2 kits of parts, which I believe impossible to find now (Speakerphone connection board and dial tone detector board). These are two small boards installed inside the set under the white dial cover. The only thing I need is detailed photos of these 2 boards - I want to make a copy boards on my own. If anyone has SD circuit drawings for these two auxiliary boards - this would be fantastic. I have BSP for 2872A2M, but it gives no details on kits of parts besides mentioning them for one touch calling function.

Last edited by RedBul; 09/01/17 03:49 PM.